Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fwsm multicontext: where is configuration

I'm running fwsm in multicontext mode. When, from inside admin context, I issue a 'write mem', the command succeeds without complains; same if I issue 'copy running startup'. But if I change to system, and check the disk:/admin.cfg file which is defined as the url of the configuration (and it is, I checked using 'show context'), I see it has not been updated. dir disk: and dir flash: don't show any trace of any new config file.

If the system powers off, or reboots, which conf file will be used? The 'hidden' startup or the context config url?

I checked also that writing to the net confirms the difference: write net <tftphost>:context-confg from inside the context, and copy disk:/admin.cfg tftp:<tftphost>/admin.cfg create different files.

If anyone has a clue, it would be appreciated

3 Replies 3

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Did you try rebooting the system?. Before that, since you have added the new config file, also allow the system to use the new bootable file for its loading.This can be done by "boot system:/new config file namepath in global config mode.

Thank you for the suggestion. But part of the problem is that I don't find the new file in the flash: or disk: device. (the 'admin.cfg' is there, but is unchanged). I should do a write net and boot from the server.

There are no hidden configuration files and the context uses the files from config-url location. Please make sure you do a "write mem" before you do a write net from withi the context. Following are files from my setup.

[matador 92]> ls -al admin.cfg_*

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody eng 1262 Jan 25 14:39 admin.cfg_disk

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody eng 1262 Jan 25 14:38 admin.cfg_from_in