Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

FWSM "No route to host"

I have an FWSM in a 6509 configured to route 3 subnets. 'inside' is 192.168.1.1 connecting to 192.168.1.0/24. 'accounts' is 192.168.2.1 and 'outside' is 192.168.3.1. All are using 50 as security level. I have 'same-security-level' configured on the fwsm. I dont wish to NAT any traffic. Ive created an icmptest acl and applied it so that ping can go anywhere. ive added the 'fixup icmp' directive to make it stateful.

When i issue a regular 'ping 192.168.2.22' on the firewall i get responses. When i try and ping between hosts on different subnets, the traffic doesnt get through. If i use 'ping <source-interface> 192.168.2.22' on the FWSM it returns "no route to host 110001". Yet show route shows these directly connected subnets as reachable. What am i missing?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: FWSM "No route to host"

It looks like a routing look up issue. Check if you have the necessary routes in the routing table. The module should know how to reach the destinations. Also make sure you have opened the required protocols for this to work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content