cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM

Ahmede
Level 1
Level 1

We have new 7609 with Firewall service Module.. But for some reason, the FWSM does not take any commands in the 'config' mode.. I can not enter the nameif command or any other commands.. What could be wrong?.. Thanks in advance..

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Thank you for your reply.. We did follow the configuration guide but the problem still exist.. We are trying to use two contexts, but we can not configure the the blade.

Just to give you a hint, the FWSM works fine in the single context mode, once I enable the Multi contexts (I need two contexts) the problem starts to happen..

Since you used "nameif" as an example of a command that wouldn't work ... are you in context configuration mode when you enter this (and similar) commands (changeto context )? If you're trying to configure interfaces in the system space, you can't do that (except for the failover and state interfaces, if any) ... the interfaces (including the management interface) belong to the individual contexts, and can only be configured there.

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Ahmede,

Which commands have you tried to use. If your not in the FW context but in the FWSM system you won't have nameif available.

Patrick