Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FWSN and syslog

Hi guys,

i'm going to install 2 blades FWSM on my cat6509 ( i have another 2 still installed ).

My problem is syslog server becouse log sent by FWSM are not easy to see and understand ( we have also checkpoint and its logs are more readable ).

COuld you please suggest me a syslog server that could interpret fwsm log and prompt them clearly ?

I think that such Cisco tool ( as SIMS ) could help us but i would have some feedback from you.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Marco

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: FWSN and syslog

There is an error message decoder tool available.This tool is available for cisco employees only.

http://www.cisco.com/public/support/tac/tools.shtml

Re: FWSN and syslog

Hi,

I would highly recommend CS-MARS for your requirement to use a log analysis tool. The tool is very good in terms of query/report and analysis of all the data that the syslog throws at you.It offers very easy and nice to comprehend GUI to swift through the tonnes and tonnes of log these devices generate. The tool offers log analysis for most cisco devices (syslog), IPS and other non-cisco devices as well. Hence it is a truly enterprise wide Security Management tool.

HTH

Regards

Murali

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content