Views
Helpful
Replies

general question about ASA side2side 3DES connections

ksimsimon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i have a question for a project:

we have a office outside from our mainbuilding that is connected over a 34Mb radiowave connection and a 10Mb darkfiber.today the radiowaveconnection is not secure and the customer wants a 3des encryption and he will use 2 ASA5510.there are also the 2 questions :

i have running a eigrp-process between the connections and i know that the asa can't route this protocol.so can i use the asa in transparent mode only for encrytion or as side2side connection?

it i the first time i'm working with the ASA so any help is appreciated.

regards

Klaus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

This document describes how to use the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to configure the Cisco 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to act as a remote VPN server. The ASDM delivers world-class security management and monitoring through an intuitive, easy-to-use Web-based management interface. Once the Cisco ASA configuration is complete, it can be verified using the Cisco VPN Client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

This document describes how to use the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to configure the Cisco 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to act as a remote VPN server. The ASDM delivers world-class security management and monitoring through an intuitive, easy-to-use Web-based management interface. Once the Cisco ASA configuration is complete, it can be verified using the Cisco VPN Client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card