cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

general question about ASA side2side 3DES connections

Hello i have a question for a project:

we have a office outside from our mainbuilding that is connected over a 34Mb radiowave connection and a 10Mb darkfiber.today the radiowaveconnection is not secure and the customer wants a 3des encryption and he will use 2 ASA5510.there are also the 2 questions :

i have running a eigrp-process between the connections and i know that the asa can't route this protocol.so can i use the asa in transparent mode only for encrytion or as side2side connection?

it i the first time i'm working with the ASA so any help is appreciated.

regards

Klaus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: general question about ASA side2side 3DES connections

This document describes how to use the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to configure the Cisco 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to act as a remote VPN server. The ASDM delivers world-class security management and monitoring through an intuitive, easy-to-use Web-based management interface. Once the Cisco ASA configuration is complete, it can be verified using the Cisco VPN Client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: general question about ASA side2side 3DES connections

This document describes how to use the Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM) to configure the Cisco 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) to act as a remote VPN server. The ASDM delivers world-class security management and monitoring through an intuitive, easy-to-use Web-based management interface. Once the Cisco ASA configuration is complete, it can be verified using the Cisco VPN Client.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content