cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

general VPN question ... please help

akquestion
Level 1
Level 1

I am a student at the U. of Pennsylvania where I need to design a vpn solution for a hypothetical international company. It is a pretty general assignment. This hypothetical company of 10,000 employees is headquartered in the USA and has offices in Europe and Asia. I am trying to decide if I would be better off employing a site-to-site solution or a remote access solution. Please help if you might have any suggestions as to what course I might take and why. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

nkorosi
Level 1
Level 1

From my experience I would employ a site-to-site implementation using a Cisco PIX Firewall or 3000 Concentrator in the corporate office and a Cisco router (1600, 1700 series) in the remote locations. The implementation costs may be high but the reliability, speed, and cost savings makes up for it in the long run. With this solution you could also implement a remote access solution simultaneously via dialup and Cisco VPN Client.

Any suggestion on how to place VPN C3015 in relation to PIX 525 at central site for remote access?

Thanks.

fmadar
Level 1
Level 1

It depends on your needs, I mean if the company has home workers or some of them use to travel and need access to the LAN services you need a remote access solution but you can use the site to site solution if you want to communicate the headquarter with the branch offices. So you can use both solutions concurrently. Hope this help.