Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 


i am an MCA guy and i want to have my career in networking. where should i start and what the certification should i go for ie either ccna or ccda.

please can anybody guide me in this aspect.

New Member

Re: general

I'd suggest starting with the CCNA. Nobody is going to let you design a network if you don't

have the ability to administer it (at least to a minimal extent), which is measured by the CCNA.

Once you have the CCNA, try for the CCDA and then one of the more advanced exams (switching

or routing). It's very important to try to get a junior networking job early, even if it's as a physical

layer technician. Physical layer experience is worth gold later in a career (even for managers,

who have to deal with physical-layer contractors). Some community colleges have

physical layer network technician classes, which are usually enough to get you in the door

(and, when combined with the CCNA, help you get that junior network engineer job).

I suppose the CCDA test would be better if you were trying to get a network equipment

sales job, but for network operations the CCNA (and physical layer training) are the first steps.

CreatePlease to create content