cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Get MARS its own Subforum under Security?

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone know how we can lobby to get a (sub-)forum for MARS issues? I see a fair number of posts under "General" but it's harder to sift out the other General questions without a separate list. Someone had a question today about custom rules and/or queries, I've had such a question my self - seems like this would be a good way to share this information more easily.

Suggest we Rate this post for opinions?

Paul Trivino

24 Replies 24

PAUL TRIVINO
Level 3
Level 3

FYI I used the "NetPro Feedback" link to make this suggestion, referencing this thread. That was Thursday or Friday but I have not heard back - they're usually quicker than that (perhaps they're thinking about it?)

Thanks to all posters!

Paul

cory.michal
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent Idea.

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I'm glad to see this post has resurfaced.

After giving it some thought maybe we need a better way of searching through posts. I don't pretend to be an expert on the Search NetPro function, though here is my thought which could be applied to all the forums:

If someone has a MARS question they could begin the Conversation Title with the word "MARS" and then the subject of their question.

For instance, MARS: Custom Parser.

Adopting this convention would also make it easier to scan the list of conversations for topics of interest.

In sum, maybe we don't need a separate forum for MARS, though I would certainly welcome it. Instead the current situation might be improved by a more generally accepted convention for posting topics.

Just my 2 cents. Any thoughts?

I have two thoughts (which is a LOT for me! ;^)

1. Good idea, that will certainly work if everyone does it. I do always to to get an "enforceable" rule (i.e., use a drop-down box instead of allowing user input), but it would help a lot.

2. I am disturbed that this post has been in the forum for around 45 days and no one from Cisco has said "Yes we can and will do this" or "No we won't" so we're left wondering. I did also send to NetPro feedback and received no reply. Disappointing.

But thanx all for the discussion!

Paul

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Everyone,

We are currently in the process of revisiting how our security forums are structured. There are numerous issues that need to be taken into account when topics are changed. For example, NetPro rating point reassignments raise difficulties. Please realize that your comments have been heard. If you have suggestions on how forums should be structured please post them here and be assured everything will be considered.

Regards,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Moderator

Cheers, Dan

Dan, thank you for the update. I need to partially correct myself, Peter Comeaux did post a reply but he's (apparently) not officially "NetPro."

I recognize there are some alternative ways to structure things, but having thought about this a while I will opine that there needs to be "product" forums at a minimum, with additional and/or alternate-view "technology" forums depending on user desires.

Also, again just my two cents, I don't give a darn about NetPro points, I want to help and be helped, I have enough trouble making points with the guy who signs my timecard...;^)

Thanx again.

Paul

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Everyone,

Based off the interest in MARS we've created it's own topic. Going forward you can post all MARS inquiries in the following

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=MARS&topic=Discussions&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_messages%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.2cc04749

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

IliaYablonko
Level 1
Level 1

Absolutely agree! Cisco MARS users are needed in professional forum where Cisco engineers will be involved to.

P.S. How can I rate this topic?

Just login, and You will find a 'Rate this topic' drop down menu at the bottom right of each post.

Regards

Farrukh

Llia,

Please look at the following post within this conversation. We have already added a MARS forum to NetPro.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Security&topic=General&topicID=.ee6e1f8&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddea35e/20#selected_message

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan