cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Going from a higher security level to lower security level

mtumarinson
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way in Cisco Pix to go from a higer security level to a lower security level without using static nat. I have an application that does not work with NAT. It needs to go from and DMZ_ZONE security level 20 to Internal_Network security level 100. I looked at using nat 0 command but I do not think it will work for me.

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the server on the DMZ or on the inside?

If it's on the DMZ, and your users are on the inside, then are you saying the server can't handle it if the users packets are NAT'd? Then you could use nat 0 with an access-list, something like the following (assuming your DMZ server is 10.2.2.2 and your inside subnet is 10.1.1.0/24):

access-list nonat permit ip 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 host 10.2.2.2

nat (inside) 0 access-list nonat

If the server is on the inside and your users are on the DMZ, then just create a static to itself like:

static (inside,dmz) 10.2.2.2 10.2.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

The server is on inside network and my client which is a Win2k Server is on DMZ. I also created the following statement that you described

static (inside,dmz) 10.2.2.2 10.2.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

and applied access-list to it but I am still having issues with the traffic. I am able to telnet to the ports from the DMZ tto Inside but can not establish a connection. Do you know how can I troubleshoot this further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: