cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

good tunnels -- bad config

scottbob09
Level 1
Level 1

I am working up a config to link a 2851 at a remote site to a VPN3030. I have a lan-to-lan configured and working great. My vlans on my etherswitch in the router work great. The IP phones all talk back to my main site great. The traffic that is supposed to NAT goes out the ISP and the traffic destin for the main site goes there. My final stumbling block is that I have setup the 2851 as a mgcp gateway on the callmanager. Something in my config is not allowing (pointing) the router's traffic to connect it to the callmanagers via the VPN tunnel. For the life of me, I cant figure a way to make it do it. The config on the CM's are good because I have the gateway working on the main LAN. Right now I have it through a test broadband connection in my office (only DHCP from them). Can someone please give me a hand?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the problem that the gateway does not download the MGCP config? I ran into this problem a while back and the issue was that TFTP traffic was being sourced from the wrong interface. Try adding the following command:

ip tftp source-interface GigabitEthernet1/0.100 (assuming 100 is your voice VLAN)

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the problem that the gateway does not download the MGCP config? I ran into this problem a while back and the issue was that TFTP traffic was being sourced from the wrong interface. Try adding the following command:

ip tftp source-interface GigabitEthernet1/0.100 (assuming 100 is your voice VLAN)

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

That did it. I also had to do a:

mgcp bind media source-interface gigabitEthernet 1/0.331

and

mgcp bind control source-interface gigabitEthernet 1/0.331

and that downloaded the config right away. Thanks again!