Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

GRE over a tunnel

I have a Cisco 827 router and a Cisco 1721. I have set up crypto maps ETC. However, I can only get A route from the private network on the 827 to the private network on the 1721 wheh I set up a tunnel and a static route between the two private networks. The match address does not seem to 'send' the ipsec traffic through the tunnel. I have considerd usin GRE but I am not sure why I need to pass GRE between the external inerfaces of each router rather than through the tunnel as all the documentation suggests I need to do.

1 REPLY

Re: GRE over a tunnel

Hi,

If you are using 12.2.8Tabove version, there is a new feature called reverse routing ejection. If you enable that in your crypto map statement, you do not need a static route. When the tunnel building up, there is a route entry will appear in your routing table point to remote network.

For GRE tunnel with IPSEC.

The first step is make sure your purelly GRE working fine first, then using IPSEC encrypted the GRE tunnel traffic.

Best Regards,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content