Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GRE with Qos

Hi Everyone,

I've got a problem, maybe someone can help me.

Here's teh description:

1 client, 2 sites, both sites have a PIX between the lan and the outside, a 2600 series router handles the serial line both sites (internet connections).

On each site there's only 1 IP address from the provider, so between the PIXes and routers we are using a private IP subnet.

The two PIXes are connected with an IPsec tunnel. (with isakmp)

In order to avoid NATing with the routers we have configured a GRE tunnel over the internet.

Looks like this:

LAN -> PIX -----(IPsec)----> 2600 ------(GRE)------ 2600 <---(IPSec)----PIX<----LAN

I know that it would be nice to set up a direct IPsec link between the two routers, but it's not an oprion (the client wants the IPsec built by the firewalls)

It works very nice, but they have a new request.

They want to have two traffic classes over the connection with a simple priority queueing.

We made 2 IPsec tunnels, so the routers will be able to separate the traffic to two classes, but the problem is that GRE does not support queueing as far as I know.

How can we provide QoS with this IPSec over GRE solution?

Thanks for the help,

Attila

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: GRE with Qos

Hi Attila,

See if this is something that you are looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/qostunnel.html

Jazib

Views
Helpful
Replies