Views
Helpful
Replies

Group policy

sanjay312
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to have help on widnows 2000 server group policy.

This network is small school network with single domainl. These two groups (student and staff) are members of active directory. I want to employ one wallpaper to all the student desktop and another wallpaper to staff desktop. I have been trying to employ from active directory domain user group policy but it is not working.

Another quetion is i want to remove alt+cntrl+del command when i log on and wants simple logon with username and password for student group through policy.

I want to create few folders on student desktop through group policy.

I will really appreciate if anybody helps me with this questions.

Thanking you

sanjay bhatt

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Errr, you might want to talk to Microsoft about this, not sure you'll get much help on AD policies from this group of people.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As i didnt got the reply from microsoft people, i thought let me ask intellegent cisco people about microsoft product. But i am disappointed as still i have not got the correct answer.

anyway thank you for your reply.

sanjay

wolfrikk
Level 3
Level 3

1. How are you setting up the Wallpaper for your two groups. Are the two group of user accounts in different Organizational Units?

2. In a Domain environment, there is no way to enable simple logons. That feature is only available if the computer is not a member of a domain.

3. You can redirect system folders (My docs, etc.) with group policy, but I have not seen a way to create folders. You can accomplish this with a logon script.

This really isn't a Cisco issue, so if you want you can email me direct with any questions.

Kevin Kelly,

wolfrikk@juno.com