Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Has anyone received the following errors?

I am getting the following error from Windows XP (home and Pro) using VPN Client 3.5.2 (A, B and C) when they connect to the VPN 3000 Concentrator.

These message are listed on the concentrator:

Received unknown transaction mode attribute: 28680

Received unknown transaction mode attribute: 28678

The user gets a "peer terminated connection" message.

I can't find any info on these errors meesages, does anyone have any insight?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Has anyone received the following errors?

Hi Pat,

I donot think these messages are the actual error reason for the connection not getting completed.. these are just a bunch of informational messages. I would suggest turning up the logs on the concentrator side for IKE, IKEDBG, IPSEC, IPSECDBG, AUTH, AUTHDBG for Severity to Log 1-13 and see what the errors it shows. The Concentrator log is where we will get a resolution from.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aamir

I am also getting the same message.

Received unknown transaction mode attribute:28682.

My user is on a 2000 OS using VPN Client 3.6.2 (A). The client connects however he is not able to ping anything on the internal network he is connecting to.

I can not find any info on this error either.

I have not yet received any reply stateing exactly what the error message means however I did overcome my problem with regards to these messages. I found that the end user, who was generating these messages was using a UDP hub to his DSL connection. I had him remove the hub and use a regular Ethernet card and the problem was resolved. Hope this is of some help.

Views
Helpful
Replies