Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help configuring internet / lan - HELP PLEASE ! :)

We have a 1603 router connected to a leased line. The router is connected on a coax network to a few pc's that use real internet IP addresses, one of those pc's is a proxy server. We have an internal lan connected to a switch and the proxy server is on the switch and router network. The local lan uses network address : 192.168.1.* and the Coax Router netowkr uses 193.120.138.*. I would "like" to make the local lan access the internet via the router using NAT, aswell as keep the machines with real internet ip address's using those addresses's. What would be my best plan of action ?

Any suggestions would be apreciated

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Help configuring internet / lan - HELP PLEASE ! :)

I would begin by checking your version of IOS running on the 1603. Older versions of IOS required IP Plus in order to use NAT and your 1603 may be running an older version of IP only. If you are unsure, upgrade to the latest IP Only IOS; version 12.2, this includes NAT. This is an inexpensive upgrade; less than $20. 12.2 requires 4 Meg Flash and 8 Meg DRAM, and your 1603 should be O.K. Once you complete the upgrade, check the following URL on NAT programming:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios113ed/113ed_cr/dial_c/dcprt11/dcnat.html

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.