Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help me to manage PIX Firewaal

Hi

I have pix firewall installed ver 6.22 insde and work with PDM 2.1(1).

can I manage pix by CSPM and how upgrate to support this ver I have CSPM ver 2.1f , what can I do.

And What the best suggestion for manage PIX .

Thank .

3 REPLIES

Re: Help me to manage PIX Firewaal

There is no easy answer to that one!

CSPM has some very nice features, the policy query is very useful BUT I use CSPM 3.1 to manage a 525 running 6.2(2). The Server I'm running CSPM on is dedicated to that task it has 3 GB Ram and 2 2.4 GHz P4 processors (compaq proliant), so it's a powerful server. CSPM takes around 45 minutes to perform an update. Then you have the problem if you need to back the changes out it's a case of reseting the DB importing the last good policy then performing another update - in all about 1 hour for me.

After upgrading from 3 to 3.1 I read that this will be the last release of CSPM as it's being replaced by PIX MC. I have installed PIX MC but it doesn't understand quite a few commands on my PIX so I can't use it yet.....

I'd suggest trying to use PIX MC and PDM as this will replace CSPM in due course.

hi

How can Upgrate CSPM ver 2.1f to ver 3.1 .

Obviously you need to get 3.1 which comes as part of the VPN/Security Management Solution (SMS) 2.1. Incidentally it also comes with PIX MC 1.0, although I didn't get the CD with my package the manual pointed me to a URL from where I could download it.

Once you got the software just export your current CPSM config, install 3.1 then import your config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content