Views
Helpful
Replies

Help requred for a PIX 501 with ADSL connection ** URGENT**

smia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone..

Can someone please provide me with a sample configuration of a PIX 501 with OS 6.2 or 6.3 connected to a ISP via ADSL Modem, I also need VPN (site-to-site) setup on the PIX so if you can provide this as well, it will be gratefully appreciated. I'm based in UK.

Thank you very much in advance.

4 Replies 4

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

I don't claim to be an expert but can relay my experience if it helps. You might be interested to look at my other posts on this subject together with replies. I have failed to get this configuration working satisfactorily with a DLink Adsl modem. I had to resort to configuring the outside IP address of the pix with a fixed IP address. So I had two pix setups - the first to configure the modem (using 192.168.0.x on the PIX) and the 2nd (using the fixed IP address allocated by the ISP) for ongoing operation. However whilst this did work it wasn't stable when power cycling the pix/modem (it might be relevant that the modem remembers the MAC address of the pix).

Also I couldn't get the pix to use dhcp on the outside, because it rejected the DHCP offer of the modem (see separate posting by me on this).

In the end I resorted to a separate adsl router as well as the modem.

Alan,

Thank you very much for your reply. What I'm after is to see a working config of a PIX 501 with ADSL Modem and VPN (site-to-site and remote worker access). For the life of me, I can not find any GOOD step-by-step document on this, this is why I've posted my question on this forum. I will check out your other posts and if possible, if you have got this to work correctly, can you show me your config and which hardware/software you used. If you can/prefere then post off-line to: surot_mia@hotmail.com - I awaite your kind response.

Many thanks Alan.

I have VPN working using the Cisco VPN client. However as I said I am employing an ADSL router as an interim step before the modem. I can post the config if you wish, but I think that it's pretty standard, save allowing inbound SMTP to myserver as well as preshared key VPN to same.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply, yes I'd be grateful if you could send me your config, if you don't mind can you post it to: surot_mia@hotmail.com - Once again many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card