cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Uninstall VPN Client

jpodolanko
Level 1
Level 1

I basically cannot get online without the VPN Client installed (even if it is not running). I am trying to uninstall the Cisco VPN Client v5.0 on my PC (running WinXP Pro SP2). When I uninstall it, I restart my computer. When my computer is finished rebooting, I can no longer access anything online. I cannot use my MSN Messenger; I cannot get to any websites; however, I can pull an IP Add from DHCP. Can someone please tell me what I can do to solve this problem. The reason for uninstalling is because my company VPN program (Nortel-based) will NOT function with the Cisco VPN Client installed.

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

I think that after uninstalling the VPN client you should ask your service provider for the default config required to get the access and check if everything is fine. Other way would be to remove the VPN client in safe mode this will ensure healthy removal of the product.

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please try to ping something on the internet with the IP address e.g. 4.2.2.2

If that works then it could be a DNS issue and you can hardcode the DNS server in the adapter settings.

If you are not able to ping anything even with the IP address then you need to check if there is any firewall on the computer that might be preventing it. Please run a registry cleaner to ensure that there are no traces of the Cisco VPN client on the system.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Kamal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: