Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with vpn client and pix 515

Hello.

I am terminating client sessions at my 515 Pix the problem I am running into is that when the clients establish a session they are not using the pix to route all traffice. For instance they go to yahoo they are using there ISP default gateway and I want it to go through the PIX can anyone help me here. I ahve tried the enable local lan option on the pcf file but to no avail.

Thanks

David

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Help with vpn client and pix 515

Sounds like you have split tunnelling enabled. Do you have something like:

> vpngroup split-tunnel 100

in your configuration? If so, remove it and then all traffic will be tunnelled. Having said that, don't then expect the users traffic to come in over the tunnel and be routed back out to the Internet, the PIX won't route a packet back out the same interface it came in on. The only way for these VPN users to have Internet access while their VPN is up is for you to do split tunnelling, or terminate the VPN connections on a different PIX interface as the Internet-connected interface. This would mean you need another subnet from your ISP.

Re: Help with vpn client and pix 515

having no problems with Split Tunneling the problem is with being behind a firewall or NAT device. I can not get any IP connectivity. For instance I am home behind my 806 and I try to connect to the PIX 515. I connect but can not ping any resources on the Pix internal Lan.

Now if I connect straight to my modem I coonect and can now ping inside the itnernal network. All other users are having the same problem be it behind ther lynksys routers or other corperate networks.

Thanks

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content