Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hiding the domain user account name.

I have a 3005 VPN concentrator and my users use the Cisco VPN client. It authenticates users using a NT domain controller. I have set the option not to remember the user's password on the client but it still remembers the domain user name. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can make the Cisco VPN client not remember the user's domain login name?

4 REPLIES

Re: Hiding the domain user account name.

I have a new vpn 3030 concentrator too and still on testing mode. In reply with your question, the only option that I could see on the concentrator is "Store password" and this could be either allow or dis-allow it. If I could find something else I would let you know. I got a question for you also or let say I need help too. My problem is when using vpn client from home, on the first phase I get connected (vpn internal datase group) but when I type in my username and password I cannot be authenticated by the NT Domain. The password and username are valid on the NT Domain cause when I add my authentication NT server I tested it and works, only in the concentrator itself, not when using vpn client.

cfabello

When you enter the user name are you putting the Domain Name first? It should be: Domainname\Username. Good luck.

Thank You for your response. By the way, I followed your instruction but it did not work. Anything else that I could try?

Once again thank you. I got it working. What I did is to change a minor thing which is, from user management>Groups>modify group>ipsec>authentication>NT Domain. I don't stop here though. What I am really trying to accomplish is like this.

PC w VPN client> VPN3030 > TACAS+ > NT Domain (as external database using unknown user policy).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content