Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Home Office IPSec VPN to Cisco PIX 515 - What to use?

I have a Cisco PIX 515 and have several Sales people and Engineers that Want to work from home. We are providing them a DSL or Cable Connection to the internet.

We would like to be able to provide them with a VPN Endpoint Appliance to connect to the DSL/Cable Modem so they can have an Always on connection to the Office. We currenty have PPTP and IPSec set up with the Built-in Windows PPTP Clinet and the Cisco VPN Client.

I'd rather not have to spend $400 for the PIX 501 when only one or two computer will be connecting to the internet and only one connecting to the Corp Office.

Any Suggestions on what I can use for these Small home office VPN Endpoints that Talk to the PIC 515?

I've Tried LinkSys BEFSX41 with no luck...

Thanks,

Scott<-

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Home Office IPSec VPN to Cisco PIX 515 - What to use?

Have you considered deploying the Cisco 800 Series DSL router. I'm not sure of the exact price but it should cost less than a PIX 501. They support DSL, are easy to configure and support easy VPN.

Re: Home Office IPSec VPN to Cisco PIX 515 - What to use?

Easy to Configure? Er Um? I have one. I've had it onthe shelf since 2000 I think. (-;

I tried to get it to work with SBC/PacBell DSL and have not had any luck. I purchased a Smartnet Contract for it recently to get some help with the configuration.

Its on my list, though I dont think the 827s are under $200? Also that does not help with Cable Modem users? Do they make an inexpensive IOS VPN Etherner to Ethenet Router?

Thank you for your reply!

Scott<-

Views
Helpful
Replies