cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Office IPSec VPN to Cisco PIX 515 - What to use?

stownsend
Level 2
Level 2

I have a Cisco PIX 515 and have several Sales people and Engineers that Want to work from home. We are providing them a DSL or Cable Connection to the internet.

We would like to be able to provide them with a VPN Endpoint Appliance to connect to the DSL/Cable Modem so they can have an Always on connection to the Office. We currenty have PPTP and IPSec set up with the Built-in Windows PPTP Clinet and the Cisco VPN Client.

I'd rather not have to spend $400 for the PIX 501 when only one or two computer will be connecting to the internet and only one connecting to the Corp Office.

Any Suggestions on what I can use for these Small home office VPN Endpoints that Talk to the PIC 515?

I've Tried LinkSys BEFSX41 with no luck...

Thanks,

Scott<-

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

Have you considered deploying the Cisco 800 Series DSL router. I'm not sure of the exact price but it should cost less than a PIX 501. They support DSL, are easy to configure and support easy VPN.

Easy to Configure? Er Um? I have one. I've had it onthe shelf since 2000 I think. (-;

I tried to get it to work with SBC/PacBell DSL and have not had any luck. I purchased a Smartnet Contract for it recently to get some help with the configuration.

Its on my list, though I dont think the 827s are under $200? Also that does not help with Cable Modem users? Do they make an inexpensive IOS VPN Etherner to Ethenet Router?

Thank you for your reply!

Scott<-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: