cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host IDS

bz
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed the eval. copy of the HIDS and I'm having a few problems...

The console is installed on a w2k server and the agent is also installed on that machine. Another agent is installed on a NT 4 server with sp 6. Both machines are running Norton antivirus CE 7.5, now when I disabled the antivirus, I can't reenable them...

Another problem I'm having is when I locked the NT 4 server, I can't unlock it...had to reboot the server in order to get back in...seems like the server is disconnected from the domain. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

mhossain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of the HIDS Agent are you using for this eval?

Regards,

Mun

I'm using version 2.0.1

danrodri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you set the Agent's mode to Protection?

The agents are still in warning-mode. I also use the NT 4 machine to administer domain accounts, but when I start User Manager, it gives me an error msg. saying that the RPC server is unavailable. I tried to logout and log back in, but can't login with either the domain account or the local account. Only when I reboot then I can start User Manager...after awhile when I try to use the program again, it gave me the same error. Thanks for your help on this matter!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: