Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Host Sensor and the IDS monitor agents

Could you please e-mail me a link to this new sensor

software so I can look at it. I understand that I can apply this to web servers for proactive Intrusion detection.

2 REPLIES

Re: Host Sensor and the IDS monitor agents

I recieved info from Entercept about the product. How will this integrate with the network CSPM. I understand that Cisco is possibly putting the two together? It would be a really good fit here in my network if I could manage a 4230 Network sensor and a webserver running the IDS agent from the same CSPM.

Re: Host Sensor and the IDS monitor agents

I run the HIDS agent and console on the same box as CSPM. These came together with the Cisco Works VMS 2.0. As far as I can tell, there aren't any noticable differences between the Entercept HIDS and the Cisco HIDS (except auto download of updates is removed for Cisco HIDS console). Also, they operate independantly, so you don't get reports from the HIDS in the same view as NIDS.

If you are using netForensics, the Cisco/Entercept HIDS plugs right in, too (cool).

Views
Helpful
Replies