cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I solve this NAT issue?

bmandan
Level 1
Level 1

I have two PCs (with private IP addresses) mapped to public IP addresses through a Cisco router doing one-one NAT. Is there any way I can send packets from one PC say A to another PC say B using B's public address? I can ping B's public address from A (router is responding to pings). But when I send packets from A to B using B's public address, the packets are dropped. Will it be possible to solve this by entering manual enteries in the routing table? How?

2 Replies 2

velimirmkd
Level 1
Level 1

Are these two PC on the same LAN?

If you can ping B and can not send packets to it than you have some problems with access lists. Sonmething line permit icmp any any and forgotten permit ip any any or something simmilar.

If the two pc are on the same LAN and you are sending packets to B's public address, the router translates that back to it's private. If the two pc's are not on the same lan than it is totally different subject. If they are on the same LAN you can manualy enter an ARP static entry that will tell that B's public address is mapped to it's MAC and then you'll be able to comunicate directly. You have to do this on both ruoters

jperez
Level 1
Level 1

please send me the router configuration, and image reference of your network ...