Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How do I Assure CIR for a specific protcol (eg Telnet) on Network

Hi

I have a large network of about 40 locations using various media like VSAT,Leased Links, VPN etc. We use AS/400 so all clients connect to central site using telnet. I also have other servers like http/mail. Can somebody tell me how can I make sure that telnet gets a CIR. I tried going through traffic shaping but couldnt find how to only prioritize telnet, also tried Priority-Queuing but no diff in responce time.

Any pointers/help will be greately appriciated

Thanks

Sumeet

1 REPLY

Re: How do I Assure CIR for a specific protcol (eg Telnet) on Ne

The topic of this forum is Virtual Private Network Services however there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. While QoS can shape VPN traffic and other IP, we do not currently have a forum specifically for QoS on specific TCP protocols. Searching Cisco.com for "configuring QoS" generates a number of hits which you may find useful. Add your platform to the search to narrow it down.

We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content