Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I enable 3DES option on Pix515e

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Looks like my Pix515e doesn'y have the option for DES or 3DES, do I have to buy a key or something from Cisco?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You do not need to purchase a license from Cisco. 3DES is now free and you can go to the software download on Cisco's website and register for the 3DES license. Once you fill out the form they will send you a license via Email. You then need to enter a few commands into the PIX along with the license and 3DES enables itself.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You do not need to purchase a license from Cisco. 3DES is now free and you can go to the software download on Cisco's website and register for the 3DES license. Once you fill out the form they will send you a license via Email. You then need to enter a few commands into the PIX along with the license and 3DES enables itself.

This is good news! Can't find the location though :(

www.cisco.com/go/license

for your free 3DES activation key.

HTH>

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree with both replies. To add, you need a login.

Register for a FREE 3DES activation key

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/ciscosecure/asa.shtml

License key ugrade on a failover pair

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a00806b1c0f.shtml

All done thanks

Query...

Isn't 3DES part of the K9 license on Cisco equipment which has US Export restrictions.

It's part of the router & switch IOS, which you have to have a valid CCO loging with the support option to d/l IOS.

It's already bundeld into the IOS on a PIX/ASA - you just need to enable it, just a general cco login will do.

HTH>

Could you please explain what is 'd/l IOS' support option.

Thanks.

Download Internetwork Operating System Software - the code that runs the device.

HTH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: