cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I export the internal user list from the 3005 VPN Concentrator?

raul_delagarza
Level 1
Level 1

I would to be able to export the user list for documentation purposes. Is this possible to do with the 3005?

Thanks,

Raul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no easy way just to get the username list, but you can get the whole config and then grab the users ot of there in a couple of ways.

In XML format, which is easier to read, go to Admin - File Mgmt - XML Export and export the config file to any filename. Then under the File Mgmt section View this file which will bring it up in a separate window. Search for to find the user sections with the names and passwords.

In text format (sort of like a .ini file in Windows), go under Admin - Access Rights - Access Settings and set Config File Encryption to None. Save the config. Then go to file Mgmt and View the CONFIG file, search for [user *.1] to find all the usernames and their values. This way is not very useful to be honest.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no easy way just to get the username list, but you can get the whole config and then grab the users ot of there in a couple of ways.

In XML format, which is easier to read, go to Admin - File Mgmt - XML Export and export the config file to any filename. Then under the File Mgmt section View this file which will bring it up in a separate window. Search for to find the user sections with the names and passwords.

In text format (sort of like a .ini file in Windows), go under Admin - Access Rights - Access Settings and set Config File Encryption to None. Save the config. Then go to file Mgmt and View the CONFIG file, search for [user *.1] to find all the usernames and their values. This way is not very useful to be honest.

This is actually not a bad way to get the information I need, not to mention it gives me the ability to view passwords in the event someone forgets theirs. Thanks for the tip!

I have also discovered that I can extract this information when I telnet or use SSH to the device. All I must do is copy the output to a text file and reformat, if necessary, the information.

Thanks for your input!

Raul