Cisco Support Community
Community Member

How do I remove Cisco VPN manually?

I seem to be the first user of every product I install. My IT department had me try to install Cisco VPN on my home XP system. It did not install, it hung on installation. It will not uninstall either. Attempting to install Zone Alarm crashes my pc.

The IT people messed up my system I want to correct the problem myself.

The CD is customized with logos and splash screens obscuring Cisco as the author of the software. They install to a custom directory but the uninstall tries to remove the software from a Cisco directory.

I tried following the Win 2000 manual uninstall but it does not work for XP.

Public support does not exist for this software. I want this VPN software off of my PC and I want to be able to install Zone Alarm.

Can someone help me?

Re: How do I remove Cisco VPN manually?

Hi .. that is a pain hey .. you could try this procedure .. it is for windows 200o but it probably also works for XP.

I hope it helps ... pleae rate it if it does !!

Re: How do I remove Cisco VPN manually?

from the procedure the only point that you need to be VERY carefull is point 4. the registry key might be different so what you can do is click on each folder one by one on the left hand side ( under Uninstall) and check the right hand side window. This window will display the application that will be affected. You need to make sure that the below entry appears on the 'Display Name' tab.

Cisco Systems VPN Client

CreatePlease to create content