cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to audit successful logins from 3000 concentrator

PaulWelc
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find out where in the 3000 concentrator I can turn on auditing of successful logins to send to my syslog server (MARS) so I can run a report from last month to see who is logging in remotely. Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

chrisd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul

You dont mention what authentication method you are using or type of vpn session (IPSEC or SSL)

I`ve not had chance to test this, but looking at the Events for the Concentrator...

VPN Concentrator

Configuration>System>Events>General

Select the Events to Syslog Field, Usually 1-5 for MARS.

In MARS

Event ID: 7002776

Event Type Details: Cisco VPN Authentication successful

This event indicates that an authentication request has been successful. The event text will point to the server and user ID.

Report: COBIT DS5.2: Authentication and Access

Activity: Remote Access Login - Top User (Total View)

Looking at the event types for this report...

Info/SuccessfulLogin/AAA, you may need to be using Cisco ACS for Authentication.

Hi Chris, I'm using IPSEC with group names (may have a group called IT that has 3 users in that group). I have it setup the way you describe, but I don't see anything in MARS. In MARS I run the report "This report ranks users by remote access logins (PPP, L2TP, PPTP, IPSec)." and the report is blank (no users or groups). I double checked to make sure the syslog server is pointed to the MARS IP address. Thanks

Hi Paul

If you run a query, on RAW Event, from just the Concentrator (over the last hour or so, or real-time) do you see any events coming in?

Chris

ciscomars.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: