cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block ICQ chatting

gibygiby
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a frame rely connection for Internet.We are using Ms Proxy server 2.0 for internet sharing.

Now I am facing serious problem,all or employeer using ICQ for chatiing in Office times.So I have to block that site.I haqve blocked that site in the web proxy,but now others can't acces that server but they can chat.So Please tell me how to block the chatting service in MS Proxy server 2.0

6 Replies 6

durnie
Level 1
Level 1

You can block ICQ access by simply blocking all services to 205.188.153.0, netmask 255.255.255.0... Also, there's apparently a program out there that tunnels ICQ over HTTP. To block access to this, you must block access to www.icqproxy.com, IP 216.122.100.172. ICQ will use UDP port 4000 also.

also check out this url:

http://www.icq.com/icqtour/firewall/

durnie

Thanks Durnie, for the firewall info about ICQ.

Now, do you happen to know how to block AIM?

Tom

You will have to block these network's:

205.188.1.*

205.188.4.*

152.163.241.*

152.163.243.*

People will still be able to log into AOL but AIM is effectively blocked....

durnie

Thanks Durnie..

I need one more help..

How to block msn messenger services?

MSN service uses TCP port 1863, if you want you can block the service at the firewall also. Also block port 1080. MS proxy server allows you to block the service there...

You'll have to ask some poor MCSE that one...

Good Luck:-)

durnie

Hi, I think there is a more powerful version of ICQ available in the Internet. It's a chinese version of ICQ called OICQ. It allows a person to have multiple identities in different dialog boxes all opened simultaneously. Of coz, multiple file transfers and simultaneous chatting is possible. Please tell me how to block this.