Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

grw

How to configure a 515e

Hello all,

I apparently am having some difficulties configure my 515e for my network. I have a DMZ interface on this machine as well.

I want to put my Web and Email on the DMZ and nothing else. When I set it up I can't get anything to pass properly so I am going to start over since there has been quite a few hands in the middle of this. Currently I just want to get the thing in the loop with everything open then I can setup my ACL's as I see fit.

Is there a good place to look at configs? I have 3 subnets one for the Int E0 (outbound.xx.xx.xx), DMZ (dmz.xx.xx.xx) and the one that feeds my internal lan. I think the issues are in my static routes but i'm not sure. I have successfully implemented a couple of 501's but they don't have a DMZ on them.

I have route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 --> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx (being the my router address)

Then I have route inside gateway 255.255.255.255 ---> dmz address and i'm wondering if this is correct if it is then don't I need a rounte from the DMZ address to my internal Lan address? Any suggestions would be helpful as i'm not a routing/pix guru just trying to survive. TIA

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to configure a 515e

Hi,

Here a good collection for the PIX config. The ones that you are interested is under the "Mail" section.

Hope that helps,

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Hardware:PIX&s=Software_Configuration#Software_Samples_and_Tips

yatin

grw

Thanks looking at them now as I have to have this up in the next couple of days. :)

Gold

Hello Glenn,

Here's a link that might help out with your issues, the link is from a Cisco Guru and mentor.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/welcher/papers/pix01.html

Hope this helps - and let me know how you get on.

Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies