cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure Internet Access through Cisco VPN concentrator

ittiadmin
Level 1
Level 1

We have remote users connecting to our office through Cisco Concentrator 3005. I haven't enabled split tunneling as i want all users to user our Firewall /internet T1 while acessing internet through Cisco Concentrator. I have also configured Lan to Lan VPN also in cisco concentrator.

Please let me know how to configure the internet access for remote users connected through VPN concentrator.

Regards,

Raj

4 Replies 4

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

You need to figure out what part of internet access doesn't work - can they not resolve DNS hostnames, or do their packets not get out? Are they getting the proper default gateway?

The users cannot access internet through IP address/Domain Name. We have DNS entry setup and i also have used the Default gateway on external interface(connected to internet). From web browser when i try to connect i get error page cannot be displayed .

When they are connected, what happenes when they ping an internet host?

Pinging cnn.com [64.236.16.116] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

cnn blocks ping, but as you can see, your system needs to be able to resolve the domain name to an ip.

If you get :

unknown host cnn.com

then dns isn't working, or the dns server cannot be reached.

Do you have a default gateway setup on the public interface? Confg->interfaces

HI, Thanks for your help.. I was using correct ip address under config -> interface, But a unreachabel DNS server under config ->user management -> groups and hence i was not able to access anyweb server with domain name.

I have fixed the problem and its working fine now.

Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: