cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure router to use ip pool on the aaa server for vpn clients

sebastan_bach
Level 4
Level 4

how to configure router to use ip pool on the aaa server for vpn clients . i want to use vpn clients to connect to the router. authenticate using the aa server username databse and also use the ip pool cretaed on the aa server. i am not able to find the command on the router pointing to use the pool created on the aaa server. can u some one help me with this command.

sebastan

3 Replies 3

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. I believe you need to configure aaa authorisation pointing to your AAA server. The configuration needs to be done on the AAA server for group associations, IP pool, user authentication ..etc.

hi fernanado . can u help me with the config on the acs server. and also whe we are using pool from the acs server do we have to user radius can we do it with tacacs. waiting for ur answer. see ya

sebastan

Hi ..

As mentioned most of the configuration has to be done on the Radius server in this case ACS. Authetication, authorizations and accounting needs to be enabled on the radius client ( in this case your router ). I had posted the information relevant to what you need to do. The full info can be found on the ACS admin guide .. do a search for IP pool server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_user_guide_book09186a0080205707.html

Please rate it if you find this info helpful