cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to detect amount of time required to re-model/re-profile one endpoint when 5K endpoints are in the database

abuzar.siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I want to see the amount of time required by the NAC Profiler to re-model/re-profile one endpoint when 5K endpoints are in the database.

Also, I want to see the amount of time required by the NAC Profiler to remodel entire database when 10K endpoints are in the database.

From where I can note down the time required for the above to situations.

Please do help me on this.

Thanks,

Abuzar

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

do you have those devices on your network or is it just a theoretical question ?

Because there is no fixed time. It depends what the device will be profiled on. If some devices will be profiled through DHCP then Profiler needs to wait for those devices to send DHCP so the time is totally Profiler-independent.

The method I would suggest is clicking on "re-model" in the profiler and counting the time until you see 5000 devices successfully profiled on the homepage ...

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

These devices are in the network and I want to note down the time require to remodel/reprofile.

Please suggest me a way to note down the time.

Thanks,

Abuzar

Not sure if you realize that this time will every time be different ?

And as I mentioned, what is wrong with taking your watch in hand and counting the time until you see the counter of profiled device reaching 5000 ?

Nicolas