cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to force voice traffic through ipsec tunnel ?

saidap
Level 1
Level 1

Network Scenario :

IPSEC network in star configuration

Central router with fixed ip address

Peers routers with dynamic ip address

All the routers in the network have voice ports

Due to i dont know the public ip address from peers, i need make the seesion targets point to internal ip addresses from routers, this is the reason to make the voice traffic going through ipsec tunnel.

From a computer connected back to the peer router, i have connectivity to any host to the private network at the central router, the fact is that voice packets generated from the peer router are not encrypted and the router can not establish voice calls.

I already now the best solution for this scenario is to configure fixed ip addresses in every peer router, but this is more expensive for customer

i will aprecitte any help

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Here's the link to the IPSec Support page. Might help!

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/PSP/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:IPSec

mnaveen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

All you need to do is have an FXS/FXO or any analog/digtal VIC on one end. Configure dialpeers over the other (lets say through a Voip link) enable IPSEC tunnel for all traffic through the Voip link. Use tones to send actual packets throught the link. Also, you should configure the ip address of ipsec peer in (voip) dial-peer.

An alternate method is to manually construct RTP packets using pagent and push it through an IPSEC tunnel. If we have a proper RTP packet then it should be fine.

Naveen.

mnaveen@cisco.com

mnaveen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The following presentation might be useful. Check it out.

http://wwwin-enged.cisco.com/inw/inw_2003/presentations/05_JKing.pdf

Regards,

Naveen.

Did you get what you want ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: