cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to form switch redundancy with 2 2950 and 2 PIX?

iwtsupport
Level 1
Level 1

I want to have link redundancy from each PIX to switches, too. is this possible?

3 Replies 3

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Refer to my diagram attached. I dont think you require any cross connects between the switch and the PIX. PIX failover works fine, even if one of the interfaces goes down. ie. if inside goes down or flaps, the connectivity is shifted to the secondary PIX. the 2950's can have trunk between them to switch traffic between the components.

hope this helps.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Raj,

Just in case, after that failover of PIX to the secondary one and during the maintenance of the pimary one, is it more safe to have this "crossed" connections to prevent any logical link failure between PIX and the switches?

I have this idea because I found that most schematic diagram has a "crossed" connection like my JPG; even in CISCO's product brochures of PIX (the diagram with Active/Active PIX). Just wonder how to make this works.

Raj,

Just in case, after that failover of PIX to the secondary one and during the maintenance of the pimary one, is it more safe to have this "crossed" connections to prevent any logical link failure between PIX and the switches?

I have this idea because I found that most schematic diagram has a "crossed" connection like my JPG; even in CISCO's product brochures of PIX (the diagram with Active/Active PIX). Just wonder how to make this works.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card