Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restore pix config file in pix515

djkim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just wonder how to restore pix config file after config file is saved to tftp server thru PDM. Is there any other way to restore it other than copying and pasting config from console mode/telnet/ssh. I reallyt appeciate your comments on this. Thanks in advance, DJ

2 Replies 2

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

the 'configure net [[location]:[filename]]' command should do it.

The configure net command merges the current running configuration with a TFTP configuration stored at the IP address you specify and from the file you name. If you specify both the IP address and path name in the tftp-server command, you can specifyserver_ip:filename as simply a colon (:).

Regards,

Tom

jdepies
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately there is no reverse write net command. The only reason I can see that Cisco does not, is because within the config is the serial number and activation codes for encryption level (Cryptochecksum value at bottom). The only way to get it back is the copy past method from notepad or wordpad.

I feel your pain. Good luck

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card