cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

http access via PIX

gcumarasamy
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to config my PIX 501 OS 6.1(1) to allow only http traffic to go out with the following acl and applied to the inside interface.

access-list acl_in permit tcp x.x.x.x x.x.x.x eq www any

access-group acl_in in interface inside.

Once I apply this acl, I can't seem to get to any websites. Am I doing anything wrong here or missing any acl entries?????

Thanks for your help in advance.

6 Replies 6

ashokpawar
Level 1
Level 1

have u allowed ur dns queries out of ur inside LAN, if u have a DNS server

outside.(not in inside LAN). if not u can add an entry as below and check if it works.

access-list acl_in permit udp any eq domain any

Regards,

Ashok Pawar H.S.

I am trying to access using the IP address....do I still need the DNS entry in the ACL??

e-see
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have NAT set up and a outside route?

Yes, I do have a NAT/Global setup as follows:

nat (inside) 1 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

global (outside) 1 interface.

I don't have any outside route other than the default ststic route that was created during the initial setup.

thanks........

mike
Level 1
Level 1

You need to allow DNS to pass through unless you are using an internal DNS.

mklaphek
Level 1
Level 1

First, I strongly recommend that you sit down and think about what you're trying to accomplish. As was mentioned, DNS will almost certainly be required for most web applications and services. You may want other services as well.

Second, unless I'm missing something, I believe that your access list is incorrect. Try something like:

access-list acl_in permit tcp x.x.x.x x.x.x.x any eq www

The destination port is 80. I believe that you have specified it as the source port.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card