cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I just don't know...

jamb
Level 1
Level 1

I am close to taking the CCNA exam and want to continue on. I am leaning towards the CCSP track as opposed to CCNP ( my prior background is in law enforcement). My question is, would I have the knowledge to be an effective secuirty professional without the CCNP designation OR if I acquired CCNP after CCSP?

3 Replies 3

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

My advice would be first go for CCNP and then for CCSP.

CCNA does tell about basic networking and routing features. But what you require for CCSP, to configure security part, you should be knowing the routing, routing protocols and their effects on routing etc.

But if you feel you are comfortable with these thing, then nobody would stop you from taking CCSP. :-))

cheers

-Deepu

Hello Deepu,

Thanks for the quick response!

I feel pretty comfortable with with routing, routing protocols, etc..

What I'm wondering is, how much more in depth is the CCNP path and IF I went CCSP first, would I be overwhelmed by a huge network?

John

CCNP is very huge subject according to me. coz it covers most of the networking.

it has routing part, remote access part, switching and also the troubleshooting.

It would be easier if you study and practice these and then go for CCSP.

coz when you are going to configure the network, all these concepts come in CCSP.

but still it is left to you weather you want to pursue CCNP first or not.

good luck

-Deepu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: