Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS-4210 Memory Usability

picketfence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a lot of sensors deployed throughout the country and some of them are pretty difficult to get at. I'd like to get to all of them and install memory upgrades before February 28 but this seems unlikely. My question: Will IDS 4.1 run on the same hardware as 4.0 (a 4210 without the 512M upgrade?) My sensors do not have to monitor a lot of bandwidth; 5mbps at the max.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Reply 1

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

It will run on the same hardware but the 4210 will not take anything more than the first few signature updates that were put out before it will tell you that it has to have the 512MB of RAM. Performance will be a bit sluggish also. It craps out somewhere around sig update 47. The low bandwidth will not make a difference on trying to get the latest sigs on there. It won't work w/o 512MB after sig 46 or 47. You may even get it loaded (I have seen both cases where it would not load or it loaded but would not work correctly) but I wouldn't even try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: