cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4210 tftp software update transfer fails

kevin.bryan
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to tftp the base software update to the sensor - when it gets to block 32768 the sensor repeats the ack for block 32767 of which it has already received the data. I've downloaded the file numerous times thinking it could be corrupt but to no avail. This is the upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0 - IDSk9-sp-3.0-1-S4.bin. I had no problem updating it previously.

4 Replies 4

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not come across this problem in our lab, and do not have any idea as to what the problem could be.

But as a workaround you might try using ftp instead of tftp. You can either place the file on your own ftp server, and then ftp from the sensor to your server and get the file. Or download the file to your director/cspm box and the ftp to the sensor and put the file on the sensor. (The sensor by default is running an ftp server, it can be disabled in 3.0 using sysconfig-sensor.) If you are familiar with SSH then you could also use SCP to transfer the file.

jballay
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into the same problem with tftp. I tried to do a get of the 3.0 source code from a box that was running Cisco's TFTP server ver. 1.1 and it hangs at the same place. I took all the steps you did with no avail.

kleem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you having the same problem with FTP?

No. FTP works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: