Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDS 4230 Syslog Server

Hi,

Is there any way where I can send all logged events of IDS 4230 to 3rd party syslog server the way we do in Pix firewall by

logging on

logging host inside a.b.c.d

logging trap debugging

there is ciscoworks VMS and IDS director to manage all this but I was wondering if syslogging similar to Pix is possible or not.

Rgds,Haleem

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: IDS 4230 Syslog Server

The IDS sensor does not currently support syslogging of events.

I am not sure of your intent here, so this may be way off base, but there are products other than the IDS monitoring center that can communicate with RDEP and pick up the alerts. For example, NetForensics (which is also the product at the heart of the Ciscworks SIM box) can do this, and there may be others. What I like about that product is I can receive syslogs from PIX and VPN boxes and router ACL entries, combined with my IDS, and my HTTP server logs, and ... the list gets pretty long (they support stuff from something like 30 vendors' products). I am not a salesman for Cisco or NetForensics - just a happy customer :-)

James can you send me an email. I would love to talk to you about the product. I also work in the health industry and I am looking at purchasing a SIM product. Email address should be obvious :)

THanks

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content