cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS 4235 server requirements

b.joanis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a total of four IDS units feeding back to a Cisco Works server. The software documentation recommends a minumum build of 1 gig mememory and 1 gig processor. What would be the prefered hardware requirements for this set up.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david.d
Level 1
Level 1

It's not too heavy a requirement with that few devices. A current desktop class system should suit you. A server class box gets you some redundancy which is nice and the newer systems are not too expensive. My install is running on a Dell Precision 340 and it's fine.

A current model 1.x or 2.x g processor with 1gb and enough disk space to hold VMS plus logging (maybe 20gb of free space?).

It can be fairly cpu and disk intensive as you are working. You may consider a good snapshot application or mirror for DR purposes, simply because of all the configuration required to rebuild VMS.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sirpa_k
Level 1
Level 1

Hardware requierements in terms of what?

david.d
Level 1
Level 1

It's not too heavy a requirement with that few devices. A current desktop class system should suit you. A server class box gets you some redundancy which is nice and the newer systems are not too expensive. My install is running on a Dell Precision 340 and it's fine.

A current model 1.x or 2.x g processor with 1gb and enough disk space to hold VMS plus logging (maybe 20gb of free space?).

It can be fairly cpu and disk intensive as you are working. You may consider a good snapshot application or mirror for DR purposes, simply because of all the configuration required to rebuild VMS.

b.joanis
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I actually was running on a fairly old server. I was able to upgrade to a new Dell and all is fine.

Congratulations. But perhaps you shouldn't mention *ell systems in this forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: