cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS accomping software limitations

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

We just received our new IDS 4215 bundle. It comes with VMS, CSA and CTR. I know there is a limitation on the numer of included CSA licenses but an trying to determin if there same hold true with RME that is included with teh VMS package. I want to make sure that if I need to upgrade to cover all my devices that I include that in next years budget numbers. I remember seeing something somewhere or discussions with our Cisco account folks but do not remember the details.

3 Replies 3

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

I think the best person to answer your question would be your local Cisco representative.

My local account team was out for a few days which is the reason for the question here. That is also the answer I received when I dropped a note to TAC VMS. They told me that the basic license covers only 20 devices and I needed to talk with product specific groups in regards to details of the software bundled with VMS. They forwarded my ticket to the RME group who promptly told me that I needed to speak with my account team and gave me who they though was my account team. You would figure that TAC would at least know the BASICS when products interact like this.

Hello Bberry,

If you still need an answer let me know. Sebring Technical Services is a Cisco partner, (free plug!) If you e-mail me the part number I will look up exactly what you have. tdennis@sebringtech.com I am on a customer site and really wont be paying attention to the forum today hence the need for e-mail

Travis