cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS Cisco Security Monitor Reports

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

I have noticed that any report that I run does NOT report ALL alarms listed in the event viewer. Has anyone else seen this? I have removed and re-added the sensor and re-checked all my settings, everything looks ok.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

ynagaraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

While generating reports , "High" , "Medium" event severities will be selected by default.

So you will see events with severity "Medium" , "High" in the generated report.

If one wants to see all alarms from the sensor(s) , either all event severities or none should be selected while generating the report.

Thanks,

Nagaraju Y.

I failed to mention the details of what options I chose:

I selected all on every option. All data, all time, all signitures, all alarms (info on up).

A for instance would be that the default SA password alarm was visible in the event viewer but does not show up in reports that I run.

cweatherford
Level 1
Level 1

FYI:

This is a bug in the software. The work-around is to NOT select the signature or types of signature. Leave them blank. You can choose the sensor and the level of alarm (low, medium...).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: