Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDS Deamon down

Hi,

My Sensor's deamons are goinig down frequently and can't be restarted by CSPM automatically. I see error, like this:

errors.postoffice

02/21/2003 14:26:45UTC E NrProcMgrServer::startProcess daemon is still running - do not start

02/21/2003 14:27:16UTC E WgcSema can't get value of semaphore '/usr/nr/tmp/queues/fileXferd.414/bufSema': Invalid argument

02/20/2003 12:10:07UTC W WARNING suppressed while parsing global parameter

02/20/2003 12:10:20UTC E Traffic flow has started for fastethernet1 interface.

W WARNING suppressed while parsing global parameter

some of the "down" deamons goes up itself, but not always! I've got a 4235 S40 (latest version) and CSPM2.3.3i, SPAN interface on a C5K.

Any advice?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IDS Deamon down

I have a couple of suggestions. Have you gone in for an upgrade recently? If yes, make sure that you upgarded the director too. That is necessary so that the director can recognise the new signatures. Also, at times daemon start behaving strangely (including going down) when system clock is changed and might be the source of your problem.

Re: IDS Deamon down

Thank you for the answer,

Yes, this is a brand new Sensor, and I've ugraded to the latest version both the Sensor and the CSPM.

What do you mean whit the system clock change issue? That is a problem, to set the correct time in the Sensor. However I've set the Time Zone, and the time It is different, than the time in the Event Viewer!

???

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content