Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IDS fails again....

error message:Hard drive BISO is not reconizing it.

>>One solutions was to upgrade to 3.0(3)SR13, we upgrade from 3.0(2) to the latest code...but that did not fix the issue.. Does anyone have a reason why this is happening and a solution.

Good luck,

2 REPLIES

Re: IDS fails again....

Please clarify your error message. I am not familiar with BISO. Did you mean BIST, or BIOS? Assuming this is an IDE appliance, failure of the BIOS to recognize the drive could mean drive failure or a loose cable.

Is the system booting to the hard drive at all? You say you were able to upgrade to the latest code. What is the system doing? When do you see the error message?

Re: IDS fails again....

I meant BIOS, when we first had the issue, we were told to upgrade to 3.03 code. We've upgrade and that has not fixed the problem, all cables are connected to the catalyst switch(6509). Beside the BIOS not seeing the hard drive, we're also seeing Kernel errors in the log. My cisco rep. is working with the DE to help up resolve this issue but any help you can provide please do.....thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content