cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS Licensing Options

per.nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Is it Correct that there are two licens Options.

Sec-pol-mgr-lite Which supports 3 devices.

Is that like one sensor and one pix and one CSPM (Director)

Sec-pol-mgr-2.0 which is unlimited , is that really Unlimited

And also what are the prices !!!!!

regards

Per

1 Reply 1

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is my understanding of what is available. You will need to talk with a Cisco Sales Representative to verify that this information is correct.

You will want to purchase CSPM 2.3.3i as part of the VMS bundle.

The VMS Bundle comes in 2 flavors.

A Restricted version that restricts you to 10 devices or less, and a Unrestricted that allows you to manage as many devices as possible with a single installation.

(In most practical situations a single CSPM 2.3.3i installation can manage up to around 25 sensors)

The VMS Bundle contains separate programs for managing IDS (CSPM 2.3.3i) and Firewalls (CSPM 3.0) as well as programs for managing VPN installations.

Part Numbers and Prices:

Restricted: CWVMS-2.0-WINR-K9 7,9995

Support: CON-SAS-CWVMS-R2 1,595

Unrestricted: CWVMS-2.0-UR-K9 19,995

Support: CON-SAS-CWVMS-UR2 3,995

NOTE: If you are using IDS Appliances, and are using less than 3 sensors then you can also choose to use IDM/IEV for IDS Management. IDM and IEV are included in the purchase cost and support cost for the Sensor Appliance at no additional charge. IDM is a web based configuration tool for a single sensor. IEV is a Windows 2000 based alarm viewer for a maximum of 3 sensor appliances. IDM is not supported on the IDS Module for the Cat 6000.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card